Saturday, August 11, 2012

Color

Color is an intense experience on its own.
Jim Hodges

        I would agree with Jim Hodges and add that color is something that some of us take for granted. How many of us spend their days admiring the vivid sunset, looking at the color of walls, and thinking about the feeling, the intensity, and meaning of the colors of the visible light spectrum? I know I don't. The only part of my life related to thinking about color is asking people what their favorite color is, or wondering what mine is. 

        I like so many colors that I can't pick a favorite. I like fresh green (the color of grass), jade, and magenta. Do I ever wonder that some animals can't see color? No. That they live in black and white? I can only imagine what it would feel like to be that animal. Living in black and white is like living in a movie from the 70's. I can't stand even 10 minutes of those things, let alone a lifetime. If that animal was magically able to be able to see in color it's thought's would echo I Can See Clearly Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment