Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mary Had a Little Lamb

Today's post is almost guaranteed to be entertaining. My mom and I have decided to write a post on what we think would be the object they're most obsessed about. I think my mom would least like to let go of her nail clippers. Nothing fancy, just a basic pair of nail clippers. You know, the basic, rusting, Japanese thing that clips nails and is probably double it's owner's age. It was given to her when my Grand Dad was on a business trip.

Now it's a "family treasure"-to my mom. It goes wherever she goes, like Mary had a Little Lamb, Heartcrossings being Mary and those nail clippers being the lamb. Poor Lamb! And even as the number of nail clippers with enhanced technologies grows, my mom still has those old nail clippers. She can't find her phone, her wallet, her 100 dollar bill, her brand new shoes or purse, yet she always knows where her lamb is. Has she inserted a GPS system on it? The world will never know.

Narrator: This is a Hypothetical situation: Heartcrossings loses her nail clippers. *First of all, this is not possible, so that's why it says hypothetical*
Mom: Ahh!! Have you seen my nail clippers? I was using them yesterday and  set them down on my security system but I haven't seen them!!
Me: *I don't reply*
Mom: What is happening in this house? When there's an earthquake, everybody is running and screaming like I lost my nail clippers. When I actually lose my nail clippers, they're being as calm as they should be during an earthquake!
Me: *takes headphones off* Hi, Mom, did you say something?
Mom: Say something? I lost my nail clippers! Where were you when I told you?? So, why are you still standing there?
Me: Why do I have to get up? I'm not looking for nail clippers. Can't you just buy new ones?
Mom: No, my nail-clippers are like family to me!! They must be found!
Me: Then get adopt a new pair.
Mom: That's preposterous! I would never be as insane as to-wait, what's that in the trash can?
Me: Oh! While I was cleaning I found a rusting paper clip or something. Why?
Mom: My Nail Clippers!! They're Here!! Hallelujah! How could you ever mistake them for a rusting paper clip?
Me: *After throwing up in the bathroom* I don't know.
Mom: Fine! Anyways, what song where you listening to? A new hit?
Me: *puts headphones back on* Mary had a Little Lamb, Little Lamb...
Narrator: The End

1 comment:

  1. Hey There! I came to your blog thru H's blog. And, I am forced to write a comment when I actually comment very less, usually. But, I loved reading your blog. Your writing is fresh and has a wonderful spunk to it. Especially, when I read H's version and then yours, yours brings a smile :) Keep writing. People are reading you :)

    ReplyDelete